Thursday, January 26, 2006

27 Jan - Are you OK?

I spotted a group of 3 or 4 dolphins foaraging about 400 metres out in Bay3. I thought it a forlorn hope that I would reach them before they moved on but thought the exercise wouldn't hurt. I was about 20 metres from them when a good samaritan in a stinkboat pulled up between the Ds and me and yelled out "Are you OK?"
I was really tempted to give him an honest answer but I gritted my teeth, trying to make it look like a smile, and gave him a thumbs up. By the time I'd stopped bouncing around in his wake the Ds had disappeared. One returned briefly to swim straight below me on it's way to somewhere else.
I returned to shore in slightly a worse frame of mind than I had left it.
Oh well, you can't win them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home