Monday, November 21, 2005

19 Nov - A little ray of sunshine

A few dolphins were cruising in and out of Bay 3 but I knew not to expect much from this group. I decided just to get some exercise and took my board out.
I was checked out closely by the smallest D in the group but then they left in a hurry.
I noticed what looked like a patch of weed moving under my board but soon was able to make out the shape of a ray. It was about a metre across the wings. It looked to be the same species but about half the wingspan of the others that I have seen, mainly in the last two years. I don't know whether this size difference may be age or gender related.
This ray stayed with me for a couple of hundred metres following the shadow of my board across the sand. Love at first sight, maybe. There seems to always be some wildlife in this area.
I covered about 1000 metres and decided to call it a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home